Ex-President Petro Poroshenko on August 12 arrived in the morning for questioning at the Ukraine’s State Bureau for Investigations (SBI). His supporters and critics waiting for him outside the SBI building. Poroshenko’s appearance at the SBI is is related to alleged tax evasion in connection with the purchase of the Direct channel.
- Poroshenko refused to talk with reporters after arriving to the SBI.
- The former president was accompanied by his youngest son Mikhailo and his daughter Yevhenia. Poroshenko’s critics were also present. They accuse him of misappropriating a sanatorium in Kozin, a village outside of Kyiv.
- SBI Director Roman Truba earlier said Poroshenko has been named in 11 criminal proceedings.
- Andriy Portnov, former deputy head of Ukraine’s presidential administration under President Viktor Yanukovych, has accused Poroshenko of committing multiple criminal offenses.
- Poroshenko’s car was attacked the last time he appeared for questioning at the SBI on July 25, 2019.