The Cabinet of Ministers has decided to introduce a lockdown in Ukraine from January 8 to 24, 2021. In general, the quarantine has been extended until February 28, 2021.
What will be closed during the January lockdown
During the lockdown, the following will be closed:
- educational institutions, except for preschool education and special institutions;
- cafes, bars, restaurants. However, they will be allowed to work as a takeout and for delivery. Airport catering establishments will also continue to work;
- cultural institutions, gyms, swimming pools;
- cinemas and theaters;
- food and non-food markets.
What will work during the January lockdown
Establishments selling food, medicines, hygiene and medical supplies, as well as communications, veterinary drugs and food will remain accessible. Also, the fuel sale will also not be restricted.
- shops (trade in food, medical goods, veterinary drugs and communications);
- gas stations (without food zones);
- banks, other financial institutions;
- veterinary clinics;
- post offices;
- hairdressing and beauty salons, subject to prior appointment.
Transport work during the New Year lockdown
It should be noted that the transport will continue to work. The Minister of Infrastructure Vladyslav Kryklii noted that the transport work will not be stopped during the additional quarantine restrictions in January 2021.
At the same time, public transport and railways will carry passengers in a number of seating positions. This applies to all types of transportation. The metro will carry passengers without restrictions on the number of seats.
Also, domestic and international air transportation will be carried out without restrictions.
Context. It was previously planned to introduce a lockdown in December 2020, but later it was decided to postpone it to January 2021.